Welcome to NextLA
Power Your Future. Lead The Way.
Inspiring, preparing & connecting L.A.’s young professionals
Since its founding in 1924, the mission of NextLA (formerly the Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce) has been to enhance the life experience of young professionals in Greater Los Angeles through community engagement, leadership experience and professional development. The members of the NextLA have been leading the way to make Los Angeles a better place ever since.
NextLA members – young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40 – come from the public and private sector and represent every industry in the region. Most importantly, they understand the power of a vibrant, active professional organization and the opportunities it can offer.
A New Day
Taking our work to the Next level
In 2016, a decision was made by the NextLA Board of Directors to enter into a partnership with the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce, a partnership rich with new opportunities and resources. NextLA still an independent nonprofit organization, now housed in the L.A. Chamber’s Center for Leadership. Southern California Leadership Network, a nonprofit offering a variety of civic leadership fellowships for professionals across sectors and demographics, is also housed in the Center for Leadership.
New Name, Same Core Pupose
As NextLA evolves into a more contemporary organization, it retains its core mission in service to today’s young professionals:
1. Creating an exclusive portal for access, opportunities and connections
2. Providing a multi-tiered platform of professional enrichment and lifelong learning
3. Developing leadership through volunteerism and community service
4. Building bridges of understanding and collaboration across professional sectors and with diverse communities
5. Influencing the future of Los Angeles through excellence in professional performance and community engagement
History of the Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce